Tuesday, August 28, 2012

8 is Great!

This very day, eight years ago I married my best friend! Happy 8th anniversary, Shawn Michael! Our journey together started long before our marriage ceremony in 2004. We met in the fall of 1995 at a Deer Park HS football game. I was a sophomore and Shawn was a junior. I still remember that I was on a "date" at the game with someone else and Shawn turned around, introduced himself to me and then asked what I was doing there with that guy!! Haha!

I saw Shawn a few more times later at school, but he really caught my eye at a softball game. It was in May 1996 and I had moved up to varsity from junior varsity for the playoffs. I heard this guy yelling really loud from the stands for one of my friends and just being really funny and I thought "I have to meet him!" Come to find out it was Shawn. We were formally introduced, began dating and the rest is history.

We broke up for 6 months during my junior year and then for 2-3 weeks during my freshman year of college, but other than that it has been the two of us since May 1996! Shawn has always been able to make me laugh and I absolutely love that about him. I'm not going to sit here and tell you that he is perfect, because we both have our shortcomings, but he is perfect for me. I think we are a great team and compliment one another.

I love the godly man he has turned out to be; putting others first and trying to help people who are less fortunate than us. He is a great father to our three children and loves them to bits. I appreciate the sacrifices he makes for our family and the hard work he puts in to provide for us. I always feel safe and secure when he is near. Happy anniversary to my handsome hunk, I love you!

I saw this sign upstairs today. This was our "sign-in book" at our wedding; a huge canvas I made.



And on our wedding day.



Last one: our latest family picture together. We need to take another one soon.




No comments: