Monday, August 20, 2012

4 Week Update

I ventured out this morning with all 3 kiddos on my own. Finn had a 9:30 doctor appointment to recheck his weight and stool. Much to my surprise I was able to get all of us ready and out the door, only a few minutes behind schedule. I got to the doctor's office and they told me I was not on the schedule for today, but tomorrow. OH NO!! I'm pretty sure I made it for Monday, keeping up with my Mon/Wed doctor routine, but there's no telling. They went ahead and fit me in . . . so thankful! I did not want to do this again in the morning!

His weigh in was great at 8 lb 15 oz!! 11 more ounces from last Monday! He is 21 3/4 inches long, he has grown an inch since birth. His doctor was really happy with his weight and I was as well!! His stool turned out just fine, no blood. I was a little worried about the color of his split green pea poop, but the doctor said that was fine and when it is colorless that's when she gets worried. Great news all around! Praise the Lord for a clean bill of health.

Now his little hiney is pretty red this morning and I'm thinking it is the formula since he had 3 servings of it yesterday. The formula he is on makes his poop pretty watery and a little more acidic than normal. Since they do not think he has a milk allergy, they said I can put him on a regular formula (less expensive) and watch his stool for blood. We'll do another test on his stool at his 2 month appointment.

I decided to press my luck (remember that show? No whammies, no whammies, stop!) and take them into HEB for a few essential items. We went to the newly remodeled store on Fairmont, so it is very spread out and spacious. Ummm . . . bad idea on my part. Finn was not a happy camper about 10 minutes into it and this was the first time Ally has not sat in the basket. One word: craziness! What was I thinking?!? I ended up having to carry Finn, push the basket, and corral the other two. Geez! You should have seen the looks I was getting!! I will definitely remember this moment for when I see a mom having a not-so-fun trip at the grocery store. At one point I just grabbed items and put them in the basket. I got the wrong bread and milk! We'll eat and drink it, but it was like I was on that show Supermarket Sweep and was just throwing things in the basket, whatever product I saw first. I am not one to ask for help, so when they asked if I needed help out to the car I said no. The sacker must have felt sorry for me because he just grabbed my bags and said he'd help me. So thankful for that! At this point I'm definitely not ready for trips to the store by myself with all 3. We survived, but barely.

No comments: