Sunday, August 26, 2012

School Update

This week we've gotten back into the swing of school since I've had Finn. The routine as we knew it is no longer! I am thinking (and praying) that we will find a routine soon. Also, if we leave the house before we have our lesson that throws us off as well. We are operating one day at a time with an infant, toddler who isn't all too interested in potty training and a homeschooled Kindergartener.

Over the summer we have been reviewing all of the consonants one by one to make sure he knew all the sounds, could recognized pictures with the beginning sounds and could write all the letters. Well, I think developmentally he is passed that stage. So this week we wrapped up the consonants and moved onto vowels and are now more focused on sounding out words and writing them. Hindsight I should have started him on this from the get go, but what's done is done and I think it was a good review for him. Below is a pic of him and our new curriculum book for reading; he is excited about it.



Allyson is right there with us when we are having our lessons. Here she is coloring with "cold pink" instead of hot pink.



When we're not learning, the kids have taken a liking to our old iPhones; they have turned into iPods when synced up to the wifi. It's crazy how well they can maneuver on them, especially Allyson!



The week before last a lot of our friends came down with a stomach bug and we thought we dodged a bullet. Earlier this week Shawn had a bout with it and then last night Jase's tummy was not feeling so great. He is fine this morning, but I stayed home with him from church to make sure we did not keep spreading it around. {Like the bed head?}



Today is promotion Sunday at church, where the kids move up to a new Sunday School class; it coincides with starting a new grade in school. I'm bummed that Jase missed his first class in the new department. Oh well. On the other hand I'm happy that Allyson moved out of the nursery, I know she will love her new class and enjoy Little Learners during the main worship hour. Alisha is in Little Learners this morning and said that Ally is having fun!



This week we will be getting ready for Allyson's party. I feel good on where I'm at with planning, just need to wrap a few ideas up and go grocery shopping later in the week. :-) So fun, I really enjoy party planning!

No comments: