Thursday, August 16, 2012

This and That Thursday

Thursday already? I blink and he is over 3 weeks old! I love our little Finn and can barely remember what life was like before him. Isn't that crazy, he's only 3 weeks old, yet it is hard to imagine life without him?

Last week at one of his doctor appointments, the doctor heard a heart murmur, so I took him to a Pediatric Cardiologist yesterday morning to get it checked out. He had an EKG and all checked out ok. Praise the Lord! This poor little guy has been to so many doctor appointments already. I am hoping this trend slows down.

Grandpa and Grandma Leonard came over this week and visited with the kids. It was nice to have them over.




Nanny got to feed Finn a bottle this week and she enjoyed it!

On Tuesday, Finn's umbilical cord fell off . . . so glad!! He liked the bath so much better since he was able to get his belly wet.

Today I felt like my rear end never left the couch from nursing and holding Finn. I'll spare you the details, but it was "one of those days" and I needed some fresh air. After getting Finn situated we drove around, picked up a drink from Sonic Happy Hour, dropped off mail at the post office and then visited the park for about an hour. I love the blue swing there . . . it will be a new hot spot for us! Jase had fun playing on the par course and exploring nature. I'm glad we got out for a little bit; we need to do it more often.

Update on my hard drive. It crashed from the fall and the IT people weren't able to retrieve any data from it. :(( My dad was having lunch with a friend and he was telling him about it and he offered to take a look at it. Fingers crossed, I hope they are able to get some pictures back. I have just been sick about this all week, it's like I cannot take my mind off it. I am so thankful for this blog and the pictures I have posted on it.

1 comment:

The Mery Family said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your hard drive and pictures! I know the sick feeling that comes from losing precious pictures of your kiddos. We had our camera stolen and I hadn't downloaded any pictures from Owen's 3rd birthday. Thankfully you do a great job of posting the best pictures on here! Plus I'm sure your family has pictures to share.

So happy to hear Finn is doing well. Sounds like some nervous days but God took care of it. It was so good to see Shawn while we were home. I'm sorry we didn't make it to see y'all. I promise we'll make a plan in November/December before our next little one arrives.