Friday, August 17, 2012

Princess Party Planning

Last night I ventured out on my own (for the first time) and met my mom up at Hobby Lobby. I have not had a chance to plan/shop for Allyson's birthday party, so this was my chance! I originally wanted to a Princess Tea Party and have tea cups and saucers with vintage prints everywhere. Simple yet classy. And Ally loves to play tea and serve people, so I thought this would be perfect. Then as I was at HL I wasn't finding what I had in mind and then started thinking about the Disney Princesses and how much she loves them right now and I know she'd love a Disney Princess party! So, I changed gears. While the vintage tea party would be so sweet, I know I do not have enough time to pull together what I'd want to do for it and she will love the Disney theme.

My mom and I were all over HL looking at things and getting ideas for the party. I showed her a cute craft I found on Pinterest and she thought it was a great idea and wanted to help me do it. Off to the fabric section! As we were getting what we needed we heard the announcement "the time is now 7:45 and we will be closing in 15 minutes." Why do they have to close at 8:00?!? Then we hear "the time is now 8:00 and we are now closed, please bring your selection to the front to check out." At this point I am in panic mode! We are still in the fabric section and my mom is getting some things cut. Then I hear "We closed 5 minutes ago, please come to the front." Yikes!!! As I'm walking up I the front I pass every HL employee and I try not to make eye contact! We were the second to last customer to check out!

Next, we decide to head to Party City to look at Disney Princess items. The clock is steadily ticking on us as we drive over there. I was able to pick up all the paper goods, which was great! As we were rushing from isle to isle we heard the oh so familiar announcement "we will be closing in 5 minutes." Geez!!! Then, "it is now 9:00 and we closed!" Again, we were the second to last customer to check out. Time to call it a night and head back home!

I feel a lot better in terms of preparation now. I had nothing for her party before last night and now I have her theme nailed down and can start focusing on the details. I can't wait to show Ally a few of the things I bought last night, I know she will love it! She keeps telling me that her birthday is tomorrow! Below is a sneak peek of some things I picked up!




No comments: