Friday, October 5, 2012

Homegrown Eggplant!!

This past Tuesday evening Shawn took the older two kids to Jase's soccer practice and I was home with Finn. We went out back to look at the eggplant and it was ready based on what I had read. {Should be bigger than your fist and mine was about double that size, and should be shiny and mine was that as well.} We cut the largest one off the plant that night and cooked it up last night! I didn't want to fry it up since we watching our food intake, so I looked up a recipe for baking eggplant and came across this one.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/09/baked-eggplant-sticks.html?m=1

I followed it exactly, except I didn't have any breadcrumbs on-hand so I used whole wheat Ritz crackers with some Italian seasoning. And I also used 2 egg whites. Can I just say they turned out awesome!! Shawn and Jase both liked them as well. I could get Ally to try them.

There is something about growing your own food, it just tastes better! We are excited and hope they continue to grow!

Here is Mr. Finn helping me out in the kitchen last night!

No comments: