Wednesday, January 23, 2013

25 Years!!

25 years ago to this very day, my mom and step-dad married.  Man I wish I could have found a picture from their wedding day.  And not so much to focus on them, but to show off the do I was sportin'! I had my hair fixed for their wedding and bless the lady's heart (Bernice...I still remember her), but she made me look like a 65 year old lady and I was 7!  HUGE poof in the front with a mullet look going on in the back. Maybe I'm glad I didn't find the pic!
 
In all seriousness though, I am super proud to call them my parents and blessed they are celebrating 25 years together.  They have stuck together through thick and thin, which is a great testimony in itself. Shawn and I have been married for over 8 years and I can honestly say that life does not come without trials.  So in my eyes, 25 years of marriage is an accomplishment that not many people do not reach, especially in this day and age.  May the Lord bless them with many more years.  I love you both!
 


No comments: