Thursday, January 17, 2013

School at Home

We are well into our second semester of Kindergarten and it is going well.  Now don't get me wrong a lot of the days and maybe even most days are hard, but at the end of the day I can say that it has been worth it and I'm glad the Lord laid it upon my heart to do this.  Being able to see his growth and light bulbs go off first-hand has been a blessing.  And to be able to spend all this extra time with him has been priceless; life is so short.
 
Here are some things that have taken place this week.
 
We are using Explode the Code for reading and as you can see what is on his mind . . . Star Wars!! I do love his imagination though!!  A cape prompted Luke Skywalker, mad made him think of Darth Sidious and seeing a cane brought Yoda to mind!
 
 
He found a head band, why not sport it?
 
 
This has to be one of my favorites. Daddy came home and was reading Peter Pan to Ally in the playroom and Jase was busy playing the Wii.  I was around corner in the kitchen working on supper, and when I peeked in and saw Jase had joined them (with Wii controller in hand), I had to capture this moment.
 
 
Jase received a birdhouse kit for Christmas from my parents and he and Daddy put it together Tuesday evening. We have been studying birds in science, so this was a great tie-in to our lessons.
 
 
I went downstairs to check on Finn and when I came back I found this note.  This is the second time he has left me this note.  I asked him if it was the same note from before and he told me no, that he had just written that one. Times like these make me smile!
 

1 comment:

My Family said...

Way to go Jase! Looks like you are doing a great job Jessica. That is too funny about the note! LOL