Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Nephew

I have an older brother on my dad's side, from a previous marriage.  His name is Brett and he is 5 years older than me.  I didn't see him a ton growing up since the only time I would see him was on the weekends while visiting my dad and he did not go to Dad's as often as I did.  Even though I did not see him very often, we still had a sibling bond and connected when we were together.

Brett and I have not stayed in great contact throughout our adult years and I honestly did not know of his son, Ethan until not that long ago. To make a long story short, I reached out to Brett's mom and set up a time for us to go over and visit Ethan.

On December 23rd, Shawn and I took the kids over to see him.  He is 10 years old and in the 5th grade and looks so much like my brother!!  And actually he favors my dad's youth pictures as well. 


Ethan and the kids hit it off . . . they are cousins!!  And Ethan was super sweet, still really innocent and had such a sweet spirit.  I'm so glad we went over there and visited with him, it was really a blessing.




As we drove off,  I became super emotional.  I mean I had just met my nephew.  Even though we are moving to Africa, I am determined to stay in contact with him and do things together before we leave.

No comments: