Thursday, January 10, 2013

Daily happenings

I took Finn to the doctor today for his 5 1/2 month 4 month check up.  All checked out great and he is a happy, growing baby boy!! He weighed 16 lb 2 oz and measured 26.5 inches long.  The doctor said that he is below average on weight, but above average on height.  And in the words of his doctor "long and lean, just like we like them." Never in my life have I been described as long and lean, but I'll take it!!

Since I posted about feeding Finn the other day, I thought I'd update that we are now moving onto 2 feedings a day, and this evening I cooked some carrots for him and also mashed up some avocado.  Finn wasn't too keen on the avocado (give it time!), but he liked the carrots.

A couple of funny things happened with Allyson today.  The first one happened on our way home from the doctor. I was driving and all of a sudden she screams to the top of her lungs, with fright in her voice.  I turn around and she is holding her finger, still really scared.  Then I noticed something red bubbled up . . . what in the world, did she bite her finger and it is bleeding like crazy??  I grab her finger (while at a stop light on Center Street) and realize it is a lady bug!! She was completely freaking out!! I shewed it off her finger and a few seconds later she is screaming again, I guess it flew back on!! Haha! I got it for sure the second time and let it out the window.  I could not believe that the lady bug scared her so bad.  Well, let me take that back, I can believe that it did, but still!  I pulled up a picture of a lady bug on my phone and showed her that they are cute little insects.  She wasn't buying it!

Then after baths, we were in the living room and she was serving me food {this takes place all day long: she will make a wonderful wife one day!}.  On the menu tonight was fruit smoothies.  She had a cup and a miniature picnic basket for bowls and two princess lip gloss wands for spoons.  She asked me which one I wanted: a coconut or strawberry smoothie.  "I would like a strawberry smoothie please" I said.  She replied with "no, you would like a coconut smoothie!" She is something else!!  I struggle with being indecisive, but obviously she did not get that trait passed onto her!  Allyson knows what she wants!

No comments: