Tuesday, August 12, 2014

28 weeks with Maebry

On Sunday I hit 28 weeks! It is crazy how time has been flying by lately. I remember just the other day I was 20 weeks and that was 2 months ago!
Today I went to the doctor for my 28 week check-up. I had to wait a bit, so I decided to take some selfies. I had on full make-up and no kids with me...pretty big deal! ;-) And I couldn't decide on the background, so you get both! Lucky you! Ha!
The visit went well. My glucose test came back from last month and that was fine. My blood pressure was 110/62 {normal} and the baby's heart was beating 148 beats per minutes {normal}. I gained a couple of pounds from last month. I did not ask what my weight was last month, so I did not compare how much it went up, but rest assured, it went up. The baby is measuring 28 cm from the upper edge of my pubic bone to the top of the uterus, which is exactly on schedule. I have been feeling great, relatively speaking. Of course there are days that I do too much and feel it the next day, but overall no complaints here.

I will have one more visit with my doctor in 2 weeks and then we'll be moving up north and I'll transition to another doctor. I really need to devote some time to finding a doctor. I wish I could come back home and deliver with my current doctor, but the logistics of that would not work out. For both Allyson and Finn I have went into labor at home, and I'm afraid the 4.5 hour drive would not be ideal. And I don't want to schedule anything {if unnecessary}, I'd rather Maebry come when she is ready. In Ally's case she was exactly a week late {41 weeks!} and Finn was 2 weeks and a day early! We shall wait and see when Miss Maebry is ready!

Here is my doctor: Dr. Anding. I started seeing him when we felt led to try and get pregnant back in 2005. Fast forward 9 years later and he has delivered 3 beautiful babies and walked me through 2 tough miscarriages. Definitely sad that our time together is coming to a close, but as I reflect back on the years, I am truly grateful for his commitment and time he has poured into our family. When he arrives in the delivery room, a peace comes over me. He is definitely a take-charge person and you feel confident you are in good hands. The Lord is definitely using him in his profession and I am thankful. Today we were talking about vacation and he said he has not taken a week vacation in 13 years. 13 years!!! Wow. He said he had scheduled a 5 day vacation over July 4th this summer, but his mom ended up getting sick and he was only able to take 1.5 days off. Talk about dedication! I sure will miss you, Dr. Anding.

1 comment:

My Family said...

Wow. I bet it is going by fast with everything you have going on. I hope you find a new doctor you love just as much!