Wednesday, August 27, 2014

And...we're out!

Monday morning came bright and early! We stayed up wayyyy too late Sunday night/Monday morning wrapping up our packing for the next two weeks. The movers showed up at 8:30 am and they were ready to go. There were 6 men to tackle the job. Day 1 was to pack the whole house and boy did they do just that. By 1:30 pm, they had finished everything; packed the inside of the house and the garage in 5 hours. It would have taken me forever. It was such a blessing and a much needed day to be honest with you. Talk about stress free. Whatever we didn't want them to pack, we simply piled on our beds. As you can see below, mine was packed!
Here's a little video from my bedroom from Day 1. The guys were professional and pretty comical too. It was nice conversing and laughing with them.
Day 2 was game on for the movers. I took the kiddos outside on the back porch to eat breakfast and hang out for a while, otherwise we were sitting on the floor or getting the way. Late August...it is rather warm outside, so we did not last but an hour or so outside. I ended up taking the kids over to my sisters house for a little some AC and TV! 
We went back over there later and the house seemed completely different, so empty. Your voice echoed when you spoke! Feels weird to call it our home with it so being empty. Speaking of home, Shawn said that he was inside with Jase yesterday and he could tell that Jase looked a little sad. He asked him what was wrong and Jase answered "nothing". Shawn left him alone for a few moments and then asked him again and asked if he was sad because of the house. Jase said he was sad to see all of his stuff get moved out. Shawn told him that all of our belongings do not make a house a home, that our family is what makes a house a home. 
We have bags galore, everywhere! It's a good thing I am collector of bags!! Ha! 
Today Shawn wrapped up loose ends at the house. Crazy to think that our home is now empty.  I am thankful for all the memories {big and small} we were able to make in that home for over 6.5 years. I'll miss watching the kids run around the kitchen/living room area. I'll miss wild and crazy birthday parties! I'll miss our back porch and playing with the kids on it. While it is natural to miss those things, I will always have those memories and plenty of pictures and videos to reminiscence on. It does feel good to have this piece of the puzzle behind us. It has been a lot of work getting the house in showing condition, garage sale, and packing for Disney/life for 2 weeks. I've been shedding some tears here and there when I stop and think about friends and family and the fact that they're not moving with us. I know I signed up for this and am trying to stay upbeat and positive, but some days it just hits me like a ton of bricks. I am thankful it is only 4.5 hours away and with technology, we can keep in touch as often as we'd like! Praying for God's guidance and peace as we start this new journey!

No comments: