Saturday, August 23, 2014

Frozen Birthday Party Fun!

With us moving out this week and vacation starting next weekend, we scheduled Allyson's birthday party a week earlier than we usually do. It doesn't seem possible that she is almost 5 years old! I know she is my daughter, but she is so lovable, tender and sweet. Every morning when she wakes up, she stands at the top of the stairs and says "Good morning". I mean, every morning! I love hearing that. And every time I leave the house, she absolutely has to give me a hug and kiss. There is nothing sweeter.
Allyson went back and forth on themes. Finally, about a month ago, I had to cut her off and tell her we were sticking with a theme and she decided on Frozen. I really wanted to have a party at the house, but sitting here, looking around...Ha...glad I did not do that. She mentioned Chuck E. Cheese {CEC}, and we have never had one there, so we decided to give it a go.
My best friend hit it out of the park on the cake {again}!! It was adorable and delicious. And I ordered cookies from the same lady as before, so so fun!! I thought the cake and cookies were a perfect match!
Ally hasn't seen her best friend, Rylee in a few months, so it was great for them to reunite, especially with us leaving. Sweet girls have been friends since birth!
Who doesn't love playing games?? You're never too old for some CEC fun!
After all the games, they headed back to the table for some pizza! It was a little hard for me to "let it go" and let it be a normal CEC party. I bought some Frozen table clothes, plates and napkins for our tables. And it was nice because at CEC you drop off the table wear off the night before and they had it all set-up for you when you arrived for your party. We had the Frozen movie playing on the iPad during pizza and cake time. Not sure if many people watched it or could even hear, but I was trying to theme it up! My kids get it honestly! Ha!
She was a fan of Chuck and got some one-on-one time with him. Poor Finn on the other hand was NOT a fan of Chuck and cried nearly the entire time Chuck E Cheese was visible. Walt Disney World should be interesting! Yikes!
Ok, so this was too funny. I wasn't sure how she would do in the ticket blaster. She is not a fan of loud noises or the powerful hand dryers in public restrooms, and the ticket blaster is basically a combination of both of those! She ended up loving it. Watch the below video of her, she squealed through the whole thing!!
She got several super cute gifts and loved me reading the cards to her. Some kids don't care about the cards, but several times she stopped opening her gifts and asked me to read the card. It's probably because she loves making cards herself!
The time came to wrap up the party and our sweet friends and family departed. Looking at all the pictures, it is definitely bitter sweet, knowing this is our last birthday party here for a while. I felt so blessed by all the guests who showed up for her party, she is loved for sure. Allyson and I even talked about this at bedtime and thanked the Lord for our friends and family.

No comments: