Friday, August 22, 2014

Surprise, you're going to Disney World

Ok, so I have been planning a trip to Walt Disney World for probably 7-8 months now! We have kept it a secret from the kids this whole time, until tonight. We are leaving next Saturday for our trip and we are getting down to the wire on our house, so it was time to let them know. I guess if you have to be homeless for a week or so, might as well be at Disney!! Haha! I ordered some more cookies from the same lady who made Finn's Elmo cookies and they turned out too cute! Belle and Cinderella's dresses are missing from the picture because my two oldest snagged them before I could take a pic!!
Below is the YouTube video of us telling Allyson {and the kids} that we are going. It is a family vacation, but the main focus will be on her since it is for her birthday. We did the same for Jase's 5th birthday as well. I think we expected screaming and jumping up and down when she found out, but she was pretty reserved. It is no secret that she is very scared of loud noises, particularly fireworks and guns, and over the last few months we have been telling her if we ever go back we will see some of the nighttime shows with fireworks. Well, I think that is her current association with Walt Disney World. After the video she told me that she is a little nervous, but a lot brave!! Please excuse Finn's crying in the video. Poor guy has been crying at the drop of a hat when he gets startled or people get too loud/excited. We are trying our best to be patient and understanding with him and hope this phase does not last long!
I bought some inexpensive goodies to give each of the kids for the car ride and they opened them up right after we told them about the trip.
Then I broke out the Magic Bands...their eyes lit up!! They were so excited to see them! Jase told my mom that he is never taking his off!! My mom will be joining us again on the trip, which will be a big help because hey, I have another kid this time and what do you know I am also pregnant...again! When we went in 2012 that was my first trip there and I was 29 week pregnant with Finn. Here we are in 2014 and I will be 31 weeks pregnant this time! Wouldn't trade being pregnant for the world, but the next time we go I will NOT be pregnant...I want to ride some rides too! ;-) 
Here we are with our upcoming birthday girl! She will have 2 weeks of birthday celebration since her actual birthday is not until September 1st. Oh well, we love her and she is worth every minute of it!!
And later this evening they were on our bed studying the Disney maps! So so fun!! Stay tuned for more Disney posts!

No comments: