Friday, August 22, 2014

It's getting real!

Well, it's getting real. We are less than a week away from closing on our home. We moved here in December 2007, when Jase was 8 months old. Fast forward nearly 7 years and we are switching gears.

This past weekend we had a garage sale. Man, those are a lot of work! You quickly forget how much work it is until the week of the garage sale. Sorting and pricing, pricing and sorting. Then you find more stuff that you intended to sell. It seemed like a vicious cycle, but at the end of the weekend it was well worth it. I also sold our playset and trampoline this week. The backyard looks big and bare! I think when I saw it this evening, it really hit me that things are moving right along.
Shawn visited our new home yesterday and things are moving right along with it as well. He was able to walk through the home with the builder and ask questions and check on the progress of certain items. It felt great to know that he was able to do that.
The movers are coming early next week to pack us all up. Since they are doing that, we have been trying to buy some new things for the new house to go in the shipment. Below is a sample of items for our living room and kitchen area. The big rug to the left {picture of a picture - Target} is for the living room area. And the pillows {clearance at Target} are for a new couch that we have yet to buy. Ha! We have our eye on a beige one at a store, but want to check around just a little bit more before purchasing. There is a reason we have had our current set for 10 years now!! They are not cheap at all, and it doesn't help that we ARE cheap!! LOL! The rug and fabric on the bottom right are for the breakfast area. The rug {Walmart} will go under the pedestal table that we have recently purchased {it is used and we have painted it}. And the fabric {Hobby Lobby} is for a window seat that I will make for additional seating in the breakfast area. Do you feel a beachy theme going on? I don't have any plans for seashells, but the beach color palette I am loving. For some reason when I started looking up ideas on how I wanted to decorate, shades of blue just really stuck with me. And to be honest, I am loving it! I am usually a green/neutral kind of gal, but I am really feeling the blue color scheme. I will probably throw in some other pops of color, like coral or yellow as well, whatever I can find on sale!!

No comments: