Sunday, October 19, 2014

Family Visit

We've had two sets of grandparents up a couple of times since we have moved, which has been nice for everyone. This weekend we had Nanny and PawPaw up for a couple of days. We mainly stayed home and played/visited and ventured out some for a couple of meals.

We are getting more and more done on the house, so we did not have too many things we felt like we had to get done this weekend. Don't get me wrong, we still have plenty of things we want to do, but I finally feel like we are getting squared away, which is a relief. And I've started parking in the garage...huge deal! Lol!

We took a little fishing trip to the lake Saturday evening and it's always a fun time. Daddy and Jase rode their bikes there and I foresee many more bike rides in their future on the trail. While Allyson is so in touch with her princess side, she is not afraid to get dirty, which I love. She loves to pick flowers and grass, which we have known for a while now, but she has added another favorite to the list: playing in the worm container. And I mean, digging in the black worm dirt so much where she has black-tip nails, instead of white tips! And if you need half of a worm, she is your gal; ready to tear a worm in half! It is too funny!
Saturday afternoon we grabbed burgers at a local restaurant. The first time we ate here the wait for our food was terribly long, but it wasn't bad this time at all. They have redeemed themselves! Ha!
Pictures of the kids with Nanny and PawPaw after lunch. It was nice to have my parents visit our new church with us and meet some of the new friends we have made.
I bought a sewing machine a couple of weeks ago and finally decided to break it out of the box while my mom {the pro} was up here this weekend. While setting it up for the first time, we realized that there was an issue: the thread was getting caught in the sewing machine and would not even feed the thread. Defective machine. Bummer. We returned it to the store and of course they did not have another on hand. Later that evening {like at 9:30 pm! HA} I had Shawn get down my grandmother's old sewing machine. My dad gave it to me several months ago, but until yesterday I had not taken the time to even take it out of the huge case. It is from Montgomery Wards, so I guess they will not be honoring a warranty! My grandmother passed away in 1993 or 1994, so it has not been fired up since then, but probably a lot longer than that. My mom and Shawn were troopers and took it apart and troubleshooted it. Other than it needing to be oiled, I think we narrowed the problem down to the rubber belt being stretched out. I ordered a replacement belt off of eBay, so hopefully I'll be up and running soon!

PawPaw was quite the buddy this weekend. From playing memory with Ally to shooting baskets with Finn to playing Legos with Jase, he soaked up his time with his grand babies. We enjoyed having them here this weekend.

No comments: