Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Getting ready

I woke up yesterday morning feeling a little anxious. I felt like it had a lot of loose ends to tie before I had the baby. I'm glad to report that I marked some of those items off my list today!

Below is the glider in Maebry's room. It is nothing special, but we have got out money out of it for sure. We bought it before we had Jase, for around $100 brand new. Through the years it has had plenty of stains. Last weekend we recovered the ottoman, as it was the worst shape. I had intentions of sewing a cover for a pillow to go in the chair to match, but that didn't happen since I had sewing machine failure this past weekend. Today I used some no sew glue and made a slip cover for the pillow. It is not as snug as I was shooting for, but it is done and marked off the list! The fabric is white, light pink and gold chevron!
I picked out some clothes for Miss Maebry to wear in the hospital and to come home in! Eeek! I can't believe it!!
Allyson has made her sister tons of pictures so far!! I just love it! We all love her so much already! Allyson said today "Mom, I can't wait for Maebry to come. I want to see her eyelashes!" Haha!! And Jase too. He is excited about his little sister's arrival.
Maebry's bag is ready to go. I found a Vera Bradley baby backpack for $38 online...I could not pass it up! I am almost finished packing my hospital bag, which is comforting.
We also got our room squared away this evening. Things are getting wrapped up and I am feeling more at ease. {exhale} Our little girl will be here soon!! :-)

No comments: