Friday, October 31, 2014

Trick or Treasure

We are little behind this year with carving a pumpkin. I picked one up at Walmart a few days ago and we never got around to carving it. So, this afternoon was go time! Me and the kids worked on it while we were waiting on Daddy to get home from work. The big plan was to carve the Jedi symbol on the bottom left, and we ended up with the bottom right picture!! Ha!! Yeah, I traced the Jedi symbol onto the pumpkin and when I took the paper away...big time fail. Scratch that idea and we ended up with triangles for the eyes and nose and a simple bubba mouth. I will have to say that the kids absolutely loved it and thought it was the best pumpkin ever! Mission accomplished!
Below are the kids all dressed up this year. This was the first time in years where we were not sweating on Halloween, which is usually the case. When I was handing out candy, I checked the temperature and it was 58 degrees. We had the kids layered pretty well, so they did not get too cold. Tomorrow's high is 61 and the low is 44...cooler weather is underway.
Jase was Jason the Sea Menace {his name he got from the The Pirates League at Disney World}. He is all about pirates these days. It has been fun to watch him go from Star Wars to Indiana Jones to Davy Crockett and now to Pirates. He loves adventure and exploring. I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for him and his life.
Allyson wanted to be Princess Anna from Frozen. While I have one that is all about pirates, I have one that is all about princesses! And I wouldn't have it any other way; I just love her sweet spirit. She ended up hanging up trick-or-treating half way through the night and passed candy out with Mom at the house. We sat on the front porch together and greeted our trick-or-treaters.
And here is our blue-eyed baby boy, Finn, as Jedi Luke Skywalker. He loves everything his big brother loves! He is growing up too fast and is talking up a storm. I love to hear him tell a story. I may not catch many of the words, but he knows exactly what he is saying.

No comments: