Thursday, October 13, 2011

Food, Restroom & Lego's

Bottomless pit!
So my 4 1/2 year son is an eating machine!! I mean from the time he wakes up to the time he goes to bed, all I hear is "I'm hungry, I want a snack!"  Can anyone else relate? So far today he's had: scrambled eggs, Kellogg Special K bar, chocolate milk, Lunchable, cheese stick, 2 servings of cantaloupe, fruit snack, another Lunchable.  It's 3 pm.  This kid will eat all day long if I let him!

Jase got into the fridge and set both of these out on the table: one for him and one for Ally.
He ended up eating both of them!

Am I really this bad?
Jase was playing on the living room floor with his Lego's and I see him dancing around on the floor and I immediately recognize those moves...he has to go to the restroom!!  I ask him if he needs to go and he says he doesn't, and that he's just dancing...SURE!  I nearly have to threaten the kid to stop playing Lego's and tell him to listen to his body and go to the restroom.  He makes a dead sprint into the restroom and I hear him going potty just as quick as he can get his pants down.  Want to know the sad part?? This is sooo me!!  I have been like this forever...I wait until the very last second to go way too often.  I guess I am thinking I can do just one more thing before I take 1 minute to go to the bathroom and wash my hands.  Pathetic.  I really hope I did not pass this gene onto him...sorry Jase.

French Lego Land
So, if you've read some of my blog posts before, you know how much Jase loves his Lego's.  He plays with them nearly everyday on the living room floor or up in his bedroom.  I love not having the TV on and watching his little mind at work.  Today is working on building a replica of our home!  We've added rooms with beds and pillows and desks, a garage, and a shed for the backyard.  Allyson even joined in the fun and played with hers today.  Next week I need to get out the paper, scissors and glue and craft a little with them.  I feel more inventive with paper than Lego's!



No comments: