Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Costume Negotiation

This afternoon me and the kids went to look for Jase a costume.  Shawn and I have really been trying to persuade him to be a Dynamo soccer player.  I mean he already has an official Dynamo uniform...seemed perfect to us...no costume to purchase and he loves soccer...win-win!

Jase was not buying it and really wanted a say in what he was going to be for Halloween this year.  And after the Party City magazine came in and he studied it, he had his mind made up.

Here is the history of his costumes:
2007 - Turtle (thanks to Mom!)
2008 - Skunk (our little stinker)
2009 - A Runner (he ran two races earlier that year)
2010 - Texas Longhorn fan/football player (our team)

He first told us he wanted to be a fireman, so I got online and started looking at them...pretty expensive for a decent looking one.  Then he changed his mind again and we pushed Dynamo again...he was not a fan of the idea.  Then last night he mentioned something about a football player...we through in a Dynamo player and how awesome that would be...haha...not going to happen! 

So, we went to Toys 'R Us and no luck.  We then went over to Party City to take a look.  Right when we walked in Jase was definitely in awe (scared) and did not know what to think.  They had their scariest costumes up front.  He told me "wow, some of these look real, and look at those claws on that one."  I explained that they were fake and for pretend and he seemed ok.  We later had a lengthier conversation in the car and he told me he was scared, but was fine with it...guess I'll see if he has any bad dreams tonight. :/

We found our costume and he tried it on...he was so excited!! He absolutely loves it! A Police Officer! He has even tried it on since we have been home.  I told him that we cannot wear it a whole bunch because we do not want it to get messed up before our Fall Festival, he agreed and took it off.  However, he did manage to keep the walkie talkie out! :)

5 comments:

My Family said...

Caden refuses to even go into Party City at Halloween time. Paige just closes her eyes. Can't wait to see Police officer Jase!

Casey said...

i am going through this EXACT same thing. i picked out costumes online for both kids and now since this budget thing i caught myself at wal mart last night asking where the costume aisle was!! lol. jake wants to be spiderman AGAIN. and he will NOT go in the halloween store!

Jessica said...

Good luck Casey on the costumes!! I hear ya on the budget thing. We have recently went back to pulling cash out and using the envelope system (www.daveramsey.com). When there is no more money left in the envelope...there's no more money. I find myself spending less when I am actually giving cash out than just swiping my debit card, psychological I'm sure.

Casey said...

omg thats my tip for next week!! i read about it! they called it the "fun fund" and when its gone, its gone!! sad part is, i know that i will be dipping in to codys half!! haha

Jessica said...

Great! :) mine is for all spending, except gas (I don't like to go inside gas stations). I have food envelope (groceries and out to eat), gifts/clothes, and entertainment. Sad, but entertainment is our smallest envelope. Good luck on your fun fund!