Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Goodie Bags

Yesterday I bought items to make goodie bags for Jase's soccer team this Saturday.  It is our turn to bring the snack, so with Halloween right around the corner we thought we'd give them a preview! :)

I thought about putting the goodie bags together yesterday while the kids were at school, but then realized this would be a good activity for me and Jase to do together.  After I laid Allyson down for her nap, we opened everything and got situated on the living room rug and went to town. 

He first counted out 12 baggies, then I told him that a bag of pretzels went in each bag and he could add two different candies to the bag, for a total of 3 items.  This was right up his alley...he loved it.  He stuffed the bags and I closed them.  After every other bag we finished, he would stop and count all the of the completed bags we had thus far. 


It was so funny hearing him say "Tricks" instead of "Twix" and "Sneakers" instead of "Snickers."  I corrected him a couple of times, but it was so cute that every time he said it his way it put a smile on my face, so I stopped correcting him! :) 

We had enough baggies and goodies left so we went ahead and made 12 more for his Fall Party at school next week.  There was 1 bag leftover and he got up, picked up the bag, handed it to me and said "for you." Really sweet!!

I managed to have 150 calories of Twix and Kit-Kat...so good.  Hopefully my brain forgets where the open bags are and I don't completely sabotage my efforts to get fit.

2 comments:

My Family said...

Cute! I love it when my kiddos say words wrong. The mini candies get me everytime! They are small so I can have 3 times as many right?

Jessica said...

Haha!! Yes, those darn mini's! lol!