Sunday, October 30, 2011

Light the Night, Shine & Fall Festival

Yesterday was a luh-a-zee day!! I took Allyson to the doctor in the morning because she had a pretty bad cough appear on Friday. Doctor diagnosed her with walking pneumonia...poor baby. So, we started her on antibiotics and stayed at the house all day and the majority of today too. The doctor said after 24 hours of being on meds she could be around people again. You would have thought I was the sick one by the way I was laying around...guess I needed it! ;)

After Shawn and Jase came home from church today and we ate lunch, I had a little project for us to do. I've heard KSBJ's slogan "Light the Night", talking about Halloween and wanted to do something to "Light the Night". Since this was the first year to hand out candy on Halloween (we've always had a fall festival at church on 10/31) I wanted to put something on the candy to be a "light". I printed up labels that said "O taste and see that the Lord is good. Psalm 34:8". I thought that verse was appropriate since the trick-or-treaters would definitely be tasting the candy when they got home. We read the verse to Jase and Allyson and they helped us put the labels on the wrapped candy.


I read a good article: Halloween for Christians: Oppression or Opportunity and thought instead of closing the doors, we can be a light on this night that people deem as evil.


Last night Jase and Shawn went over to a friend's house and carved a pumpkin, but since Allyson and I were not there, we decided to do a family one today. Everyone started off at the table with me: Shawn cut the hole in the top, Allyson was coloring a pumpkin and Jase was decorating one with markers. One by one they disappeared and I was left carving the "family" pumpkin! LOL! I'm happy with how it turned out and glad we are Shining for Jesus!


This evening was our Fall Festival at Church, so we got the kiddos all dressed up in their costumes and headed up there. Jase was a Police Officer and he was so funny...everyone that commented on his costume, he had to tell them that he was a fake or pretend police officer. :) Allyson was Tinkerbell the Fairy. She kept calling herself a princess, so she was our Fairy Princess!


Oh and the bruise on Ally's right cheek is from Wednesday night when she fell on a toy drum at church. :( And the picture above of her digging in a blue candy bucket was so funny. She probably took like 8 pieces of candy out of it...she was just helping herself!


No comments: