Wednesday, October 5, 2011

We're Nice Guys

Jase and I were sitting at the dinner table tonight and he proceeds to tell me that one of his "friends" from school called him a fart head.  I asked him what he said back to him and he told him "we don't say those words."  The other boy then said "yes we do" and Jase answered with "no we don't, we're nice guys." The other boy said "no, we're bad guys." We then talked about how it felt for his friend to call him that name and if it felt good, he said no.  So, it was a good teaching moment about not calling people names or saying bad things about people.  I asked Jase if he told his teacher and he didn't.  I thanked him for telling me.

Tonight we prayed for Jase's friends at school and for Jase to make wise decisions about his friends.  It's just sad that he's only 4 years old and already being exposed to words and actions that I try to keep away from him.  I pray that he is able to discern right from wrong.  I know he will have to live and learn with most things, but as his mom I just want to shield him from everything, and I'm sure that is only natural.  I just do not want to see him get hurt or hurt others.  Just sharing a little of my burdened heart tonight.

No comments: