Thursday, October 20, 2011

Library Day

Before lunch this afternoon I loaded up the kiddos and went to the library.  We all love it there- kids love to look and pick out books and play with puzzles and I love it because it's FREE! Haha!  Seriously, I love reading to the kids and enjoy watching them get excited over books.


Jase had a hat on in the car, but apparently it was "too itchy" and didn't make it's way into the library.  Pictures do not show, but he has some major bedhead in the back.  He took a bath this morning, but did not to fix his hair...he was wearing a hat! ;)

Today I started working with Allyson on her "quiet voice."  Her voice nearly echoed in the library! Haha!  I think she understood because she would talk quietly for a few seconds, and then it was loud again.

Just as we were about to leave I smell this awful smell...checked my daughter and sure enough I found the winner!! I wasn't the winner in that deal that's for sure!

We picked up Taco Bell for lunch and headed back home to eat.  After lunch I laid Allyson down for her nap, and Jase and I began to read Star Wars Galactic Crisis.  The book is labeled as an "easy reader", but let me tell you this book has a heavy plot with lots of names I've never heard of.  Let's just say I am not a follower of Star Wars.  We read about 20 pages and learned about Darth Sidious and Palpatine being the same person and was the head of the Sith Lord.  Also that the Jedi Council asked Obi-Wan Kenobi was to protect Queen Amidala. I would read 5 words and he was asking questions left and right. "Who's this and what are they and is he bad?"  We flipped the pages back countless times to look at the pictures of the names I was reading.  I told him that Daddy knows all about Stars Wars and would love to read the book with him tonight.  As much as I'm not Star Wars fan, I sure enjoyed learning about it with my son this afternoon.  :)

No comments: