Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween 2011

So, I am all for a free meal! I'm not going to lie, with me not working and staying at home, money is definitely tighter these days than they have been in the past. While I am enjoying being home and Shawn and I both feel this is best for our family, it is definitely a financial sacrifice. Where was I...oh yeah, free meal! Lol!

Bullritos had a special today where kids eat free if they came in their costume and after you purchased an adult burrito. Aunt Alisha, Nanny, PawPaw and Uncle Shannon met us up there and we had dinner. After we got our food and were sitting at the table it was so chaotic and I thought...whose idea was this?!? You would have thought I had more than 2 kids with me by the stress level. Jase had candy, Ally took Jase's candy, Jase was whining, Ally was trying to eat candy, I took the candy away, Ally started crying...good grief! Trying to get out of the house and eat some dinner and it's always something. Sheesh! I asked my mom how her day was and her response: better than this!! Haha! Jase ended up sitting at the boys table, so that helped some. At this point I was rethinking the cashier's question "for here or to go?" We should have went home.

Kids ate dinner and for free, so I would consider that a success!

After dinner Aunt Alisha and Nanny came back over to our house and we did a little trick or treating in our neighborhood. Ally was so funny, the first house we went up to she started pulling her basket away from the lady...she thought the lady was going to take stuff out of her basket. After the first few houses she realized what was going on; she liked it and was telling everyone bye at their door and all of our neighbors were eating her up. This was Jase's first year to trick or treat and he enjoyed it as well. He made sure he told everyone that he was not a real police officer when they commented on his costume. He is funny.

PawPaw came over and trick or treated with the kids and I stayed back at the house to pass out candy. Man I was disappointed...we barely had any kids come by. Maybe 10 or so. I need to get this candy out of the house or it could be bad news...like 15 lbs bad news!

Grandma and Grandpa came over and brought over a Halloween gift for the kids. The other day Jase and Grandma were playing Lego's in his room and Jase said that he couldn't finish it because he did not have enough police Lego's. Grandma said that Christmas was coming up and maybe they could get him some police Lego's then. Jase thought about it for a minute and said that Halloween was next and she could get him a Halloween gift...so there you go, Jase and Ally got Halloween gifts! Smart kid! :)

Kids were bathed, teeth were brushed, prayers were said and kids are in bed. I am not too far behind them.

No comments: