Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Baby Boy Update

It's been a while since I've posted about the baby, so I thought I'd share some updates with you today.  Let me start off with . . . can you say indigestion?!?  I remember having it with Jase and Allyson and I guess you just forget all about it because it goes away the moment you deliver the baby, but man 'o man!! I thought I had it figured out and it was all types of sugar (both natural and artificial) that was giving me indigestion, but it seems no matter what I eat I usually get that feeling, and it is mainly in the evenings.  Tums is my new favorite candy.  :/  I told Shawn last night that I am going to eat whatever I want if I am going to get it anyway.  I was partially joking, but when I was at Wal-mart earlier this afternoon I put a package of Oreos in my basket . . . I cannot tell you the last time I've bought them, like I'm talking years and I can probably count on one hand the number times I've bought them.  Anyway, I just ate 5 of them (without even thinking about it) and super tasty! Could be trouble!  ;-)

This Friday I'll be 28 weeks, so I'm sliding right into my 3rd trimester!  Hard to believe already!!  I've definitely had more pressure with this one and he already feels like he is sitting in the birth canal . . . no lie! I'm sure I had braxton hicks with the first two, but I really do not remember feeling them at all. I've already had a couple of rounds of those here lately and it was an eye opener.  I told my doctor and he didn't seem alarmed, so I shouldn't be right?  I took my glucose test last Wednesday and I passed! Woohoo!!  They also said that my iron was fine as well, which was nice to hear because it was low with the other two.  I will go back next Wednesday for a check-up before we head out of town on the big trip!!

A few weeks ago we finally picked out a name for our little man.  I don't know what it is, but girl names are so much easier to pick out than boy names.  Finn Michael French is what we have decided on and both Shawn and I love it.  I found the name Finn on a list while searching and searching for names and it caught my eye.  After telling Shawn about it, he really liked it too.  Our first pick early on in the pregnancy was Tate, but this poor kid will already get French Fry, so the last thing I wanted was Tater Tot French Fry!! And my luck he will be built like a tater tot, so I just couldn't do it.  Then it was Tuck and I really liked this, but wasn't a fan of it rhyming with a bad word.  :/  So Finn it is!  :-)  And Michael is Shawn's middle name, so that works.  We can't wait to meet you little Finn!

A little more background on our boy names.  Jase's name was picked out long before Shawn and I were even married.  Shawn watched this show called "Duck Commander" (on VHS/DVD) back in high school and maybe even in junior high.  Well, one of the sons on the show was Jase and we both loved the name and it wasn't something you heard all the time.  That family currently has a show on A&E and you may have heard of it "Duck Dynasty".  So Jase's name is from a duck hunting family and Finn is part of a fish!!  I really don't think of myself as a redneck, but maybe I should think this over again!  Haha!!

One little funny.  Last night I put Allyson's hand on my tummy so she could feel baby Finn move and she said "it's a woodpecker!!" It was so hilarious!!  Then she said "it's a giraffe" and I told her "no, it's a baby".  She said "a baby lion" and I said "no, your baby brother is in Mommy's tummy!"

No comments: