Thursday, May 17, 2012

Getting ready to go!

Today me and the kids ran errands, getting ready for our big trip!!  I think we went to 6 different places, so that meant I got them in and out of the car 12 times today . . . I am tired just thinking about it!! I finally finished putting together their autograph books and today we had them bound.  They were no surprise to them and actually Jase and Allyson watched me and helped pick out pictures for the PowerPoint presentation of all the characters for their pages.  But when we picked up the books, they studied them and studied them until it was time to get out at the next store.  They LOVED it!  I created one autograph book for each of them and made Jase a special Star Wars Weekend book for Disney's Hollywood Studios.  So he has 2 and Allyson has 1.


When getting the books back from the kids before we went in to the next store, I noticed that Ally's had a few pages sticking out.  I asked her if she had already tore hers and she said no. I got Jase's and inspected his, but his were fine.  I was about to write it off as her being 2 1/2 years old and that she probably ripped it, but after looking a little closer the place messed up on 6 pages and they punched holes up at the top and punched holes again, so those 2 sets of holes were combined and nothing was keeping it bound to the coils.  Ugh!!  I called the place and told them what happened and asked if I could reprint those 6 pages and bring the book back in and have it rebound for free and they said yes.  So, that is on the "to do list" for in the morning.  Always something, right?  I'm just glad that I saw it when I did because there is no way those pages would have held up at Disney since they were already not attached for more than half the length of the book.

I had 2 inches cut off the top before they bound the books and the plan is to take another inch off the top once we get home and 1/4" off of each side.  That would make the pages 8x8 and perfect for a mini scrapbook.  We'll see if that really happens.  I might end up taping a photo of the character on the back of the top page and call it done!  ;-)

No comments: