Sunday, May 6, 2012

Swing Time

Well, we survived the garage sale!! My best friend and sister (and brother-in-law) were a HUGE help! And of course Shawn was key in helping set up and take down. I don't feel like I got rid of anything that I couldn't part with and we got some great spending money for Disney, so I consider it a win-win!

After it was all said and done with yesterday, we were out back with the kiddos playing. I was pushing Ally on the swing and man does she love it. She does a great job of holding on and she really enjoys it. I remember Jase at this age and we would take him to the park and he would not want to get off the swing, and I'm talking after 20-30 minutes of swinging him. I'm glad to see she enjoys it just as much as him, and we can do it in the courtesy of our own backyard (thanks to Nanny and PawPaw!).

I looked over at the garden and realized that I hadn't watered it today, so I left Ally on the swing and headed over to water. Can I tell you how excited I am about our garden?!? Our squash has really taken off and there are several flowers on them, which means the squash will grow right behind the flowers! :-) I also saw a couple of flowers on our cantaloupe plants and the watermelon plant might overtake the garden. This was definitely a learning experience . . . I had no idea that so many of the seeds I planted would take and how big some of these plants would get. Next season I will be sure to spread the rows out more and plant less seeds!

While I'm watering I look over and Jase is pushing Ally. Awe, I just love it!! Normally when he tries to do this, she will tell him no and want me to come back (she can be pretty particular at times), but this time she was content with him pushing her and I could tell he was enjoying helping her. I'm so glad I had my phone on me and snapped some pictures of them. It was really sweet. I hope they continue to grow closer to one another as they get older.




No comments: