Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day Pictures

Yesterday was Mother's Day and we spent the afternoon at my mom's house.  She whipped up the yummiest home-cooked meal: chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, white gravy, green beans, corn on the cob, and rolls.  Everything was so good!! Thank you Mom!

Before going over there we stopped by the house so we could change and grab a couple of things.  Since we were still in our church clothes I asked Shawn to take some pictures of me and the kiddos on Mother's Day.  We decided to take them in the front yard, in front of the bushes.  As we are getting ready to take our first picture, our neighbor across the street walks outside with several of his family members (like 6-8 of them).  Jase immediately starts yelling the little boy's name that lives there, so of course all eyes are on us.  I am not one for attention!! Shawn takes a couple of me and the kids and we start walking back in.  Jase is still yelling the boy's name!!


As we are walking up the driveway, I thought I should get a quick of me and Finn on Mother's Day.  And I don't think I have really "posed" for a pregnancy shot with him, so I thought why not.  Not wanting to go back to the front of the house I tell Shawn just to take one of me against the brick on the side of the house.  He says no, we need one with the greenery in the back.  Back to the front yard we go.  I am standing in front of the bushes and telling Shawn to snap the picture already.  Jase and Ally are now both yelling for the little boy, so I'm sure they are all looking at us.  The wind is blowing my hair in my face and I ask Shawn to take the picture from a different angle so I can turn my head.  The next thing I know is I hear the neighbor across the street (the same one that called me Big Momma) yell "Smiiilllle"!!  I wanted to crawl in a hole, not joking!  I did not dare look over there, I was so embarrassed!!  Shawn is laughing under his breath and I am trying not to look humiliated.  We make a b-line to our back door and Shawn loses it and tells me how awesome that was!! I told him that is exactly what I did NOT want to happen!!  We ended up getting a couple of good pics, so it was worth it! :-)

28 weeks!

No comments: