Wednesday, July 11, 2012

07.11.2012 - Dr Appt

This morning I went to the doctor to see how Finn was doing.  I am 36 1/2 weeks and this was the first time to be checked by the doctor.  My blood pressure was 124/74, Finn's heart was beating 156 BPM (he was moving around while she was checking it!), and I measured 36 cm on the outside of my uterus.  Every pregnancy is different, so I was trying not compare this one with the other two, but it is hard not to!  Before Dr. Anding examined me I told him that I was curious to see where things stood and he said "well, we're not taking any bets!"  He doesn't get as excited as I do!! Well, I am 2-3 cm dilated and 80% effaced.  Dr. Anding said that is typical with the 3rd child.  At this same time, I was 2 cm dilated and 75% effaced with Jase and nothing with Allyson.  I thought I was 1 cm with her, but I looked back today and read that my cervix was completely closed and not thinned out any.

So, it could be next week or could be in 3 weeks, you just never know.  I told Dr. Anding that Shawn is going out of town tomorrow and he asked for how long and I said for 3 days.  He said that should be fine and that I should have another week or so.  I made my appointment for next Wednesday, so we shall see what that brings.

I was able to eat lunch with Shawn today, which is always a treat when we get to sit down and enjoy a meal, just the two of us.  He was excited about the news, but also a huge realization that this could happen any day now.  Joking around I told him that I was going to run a marathon this weekend and do some body weight exercises at our local park.  He said "You better not do anything this weekend!!" We laughed!!  In all seriousness the following people will be out of town this weekend: Shawn, Mom, Stepdad, and Shawn's parents.  Talk about a perfect storm!!  Let's hope that it doesn't happen this weekend, but it obviously has crossed my mind.

No comments: