Wednesday, July 18, 2012

07.18.2012 - Dr Appt

Well, last night will most likely not be my last supper before the baby arrives!! And I am completely fine with that; I want him to come when he's ready, although I must admit that I am just about ready! ;-)

My blood pressure today was 110/78 and the baby's heart rate was 142 BPM.  Weight . . . OH MY WORD!!  Can you say 7 lb gain in 7 days?!?!?!  YIKES!!  This past week I have definitely started to feel swollen and I think 1/2 lb is in my top lip.  Remember Wanda from In Living Color?  That's about where I'm at right now!!


I told my doctor that I definitely feel swollen and he said "Yes, 7 lbs in one week, I bet you do.  I couldn't eat enough food to gain 7 lbs in one week.  It is all water weight and it's like you're carrying around a gallon of water." I told him "let's hope it is all water!" I know I should NOT be focusing on my weight right now, but wowsers . . . that was insane!  It definitely made me rethink lunch plans and go home and eat a peanut butter and jelly sandwich!

Oh and before I get to the exam, the nurse (who I haven't seen a lot of) was just about to leave the room and said "ok 37 weeks, so no pelvic exam yet." I told her no that I had one last week and that I will be 38 weeks on Friday.  Are you kidding?!?!  I didn't drive out to the Medical Center to shake hands with the doctor!!  She said ok and handed me a sheet to cover up with.  Crazy!

Onto the exam.  Without getting completely graphic, the doctor had to work extra to reach the cervix and said that the baby has a ways to go in the pelvic area.  Then he looked at my chart and said that the baby is actually sitting higher this week than last week and said he doesn't want to hurt me or put me into labor by checking me, so he is just going to say that I am the same as last week: 2-3 cm dilated and 80% effaced.  He said that is normal and sometimes it happens.  I honestly have no idea how that is possible, because sometimes I feel like the baby might make his debut when I stand up.

My doctor told me that I am one of his routine patients and that he is very thankful for that and everything was completely fine with this pregnancy.  So blessed to hear that.  I made my appointment for next Wednesday and we'll go from there!

2 comments:

Carolyn Wallace said...

Love the picture! Very funny. Your little blessing is almost here.

Unknown said...

I thought you still looked great last night at church. Praying for a smooth last couple of weeks for you! And I am still laughing at that picture. lol