Wednesday, July 18, 2012

The Last Supper?

Nanny treated us to dinner tonight (Tuesday) at Cheddar's and it was yummy! I ordered a kid's burger just so I could have dessert!!  I would highly recommend the Cookie Monster, super tasty!! ;-))  We got to visit with Nanny, Aunt Alisha and MawMaw, which was a treat in itself.  Here are a few Instagram pics from Alisha.


I doubt this will be my last supper before the baby, but the thought did cross my mind.  Tomorrow I have a check-up in the morning and I am super excited to see what little Finn has been up to this past week! :-)  I FINALLY packed my bag for the hospital just a few minutes ago; I feel much better!  Shawn and I also worked on the baby's room and got things hung on the wall.  We have a couple more things to hang that are still drying in the garage, so hopefully tomorrow night.  I did finish his name tonight and FINN is hanging on his wall.  Here is a picture (from my phone, so the quality is not so great).


I mod podged scrapbook paper to 8x10 canvases, painted letters and glued them to the canvases, once dry.  I have only worked with mod podge a few times, so this was a little of a trial and error (quite a bit of error) project.  I used way too much mod podge and some, ok the majority of the canvases are wrinkly, but I am happy with it.  And I really like the way his name looks vertical on the wall.  Hopefully we'll finish the other project tomorrow and I'll show you the rest of the room! :-)

Oh and while packing my bag, I pulled out some sleepers, onesies, socks, hats and pants for little man and it was so surreal.  I mean, is this really happening??  Am I really about to have a baby?? I am excited and nervous at the same time.  Then when I was putting his clothes in my bag and showing Shawn these adorable newborn onesies, I was on the verge of tears.  I just can't believe that I am about to have a little baby.

Dearest Finn,

Mommy and Daddy are so excited to meet you.  We have been praying for you before you were in Mommy's tummy.  We know that you will be a perfect addition to our family and your older brother and sister can't wait to meet you as well and they already love you so much!! God speed little man and can't wait to hold and kiss you.

All My Love,
Mommy 

No comments: