Monday, July 16, 2012

The Painted Potter

Aunt Alisha treated the kids today to a little art project at The Painted Potter.  Jase picked out a football bank and we were looking for a teacup for Allyson, but couldn't find one.  We ended up getting her an ice cream sundae bowl.  As we were picking out colors little Ally started shutting down and just was not feeling it at all.  She has been doing this lately with new places and will tell me that she just wants to go home.  I'm not sure if she is getting anxiety about being somewhere new with new people, but I feel bad for her.  She was like this at a birthday party this past weekend, at swim lessons, at a baseball game, at Chick-fil-a, and many other places as well in the past month or so.  I don't know if something was sparked at Disney World and her being scared, but it seems like this fear has been heightened since then.  Praying that this is just a phase and it passes soon.

This is what she did for over half of our time there
(when she wasn't hanging onto me)
Jase painted himself a little camouflage football.  Telling a 5 year old boy to put 3 coats of paint on is almost impossible.  He thought he was finished after 10 minutes of starting.  Aunt Alisha was great and helped point out many areas that he needed to repaint. 

As for Ally's sundae bowl, I took over and painted it for her.  Then as I am basically starting to finish up, she decides she wants to paint . . . and mess up my masterpiece?! ;-)  Don't worry, she was able to paint her bowl and enjoyed it.

No comments: