Monday, July 30, 2012

1 Week Old

I can't believe that Finn is already 1 week old today.  I think I forgot just how much newborns sleep! He was a little more alert last night and today some, but for the most part he eats and sleeps with not a ton of "play time."  I am looking forward to him being more alert, but for now I am enjoying our snuggle time!

Here are some pictures from yesterday.  Last night I warmed up a small bottle of breast milk and Shawn fed it to him, it was sweet.


Sleeping - he is doing great, especially at night he will sleep for 5-7 hours.  {Although he is NOT a fan of the bassinet, which stinks.}

Feeding - Finn is nursing well.  I have to wake him up often while feeding; he'll get his fill and then want to sleep, then wake up 10 minutes later and nurse again.  Still not sure about my milk supply this go round yet.  He seems satisfied after nursing and sleeps more sound than the other two did at this age, so those are good signs and my chest is not sore, so I know he has a good latch.  I have only pumped twice since being home (finding the time to pump is hard) and both times I produced less than an ounce (total).  I know that the baby does a better job of getting milk than a machine does, but it was disappointing barely getting anything.  So far I have not had to supplement with formula, but if/when I do I know he will be just fine, as my other two are. :-)

Diapers - He has plenty of wet diapers, but it seems like his poop diapers are starting to slow down a bit.  I take him Wednesday morning to the pediatrician for a check-up and hope to receive a good assessment on him.

Below are some pictures from today.  Jase is so sweet with him.  Today he got up on my bed and said "It's me, your big brother, Jase."  He and Allyson both call him "Finny" and it's too cute.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Such sweet pictures! I wanted to give you time to rest and settle in, but I hope to see him soon! :)