Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Home Sweet Home

We made it home safe and sound this afternoon with our new little addition! When we were pulling up we noticed the yard had been cut and balloons were out front welcoming us home. Aunt Alisha had the kids inside with fresh cards made on the table. Today is my birthday, so it was a double celebration! :-)

The house looked great!! Alisha had picked up, cleaned the floors, and Ally was down for her nap! I cannot tell you enough what a blessing that was to come home to. Not that I was feeling stressed, but that made me that much more relaxed knowing we did not have "jobs" to do, except enjoy our family of 5. Thank you so much Alisha and Joseph, y'all are such a blessing to us!

It was nice being home with the kids in their own element. While I thoroughly enjoyed having them up at the hospital and seeing them with their new baby brother, there is only so much they can do up there without getting too loud or wild and crazy!

Finn is doing great and is a wonderful eater! Praise God! It probably helps that this is my 3rd go round and I am a little more relaxed this time. This experience in the hospital was the best thus far with a baby. I felt very relaxed and Finn has been awesome, rarely crying. When they gave him his potassium shot and drew blood for his jaundice test, he did not cry any! I remember that being traumatic for the other two.

As for me, I am doing well. I am starting to feel a little sore though. Not sure if it's from sleeping in a hospital bed for 2 nights or if my body is feeling the pains from labor and delivery. I took Motrin in the hospital and now Tylenol at home and hopefully that will do the trick.

On top of having wonderful friends and family, I have an amazing husband. He is such a great helper and team player. No job is too small for him, whether that's filling up my water cup around the clock, being friendly to the nurses or changing diapers (I'm know he changed more than me in the hospital). What a blessing to have him home with me this week! Love you, babe!

2 comments:

Carolyn Wallace said...

So happy for you guys! He is precious. Congratulations.

The Mery Family said...

Happy birthday Jessica! And congrats again! So happy for the 5 of you!