Monday, July 23, 2012

Introducing Finn Michael French

This morning I woke up early and asked Shawn if he had any meetings and if he could work from home. I had a feeling that today was the day. I had my first contraction at 6:04 AM and they were 8 minutes apart for about 30 minutes and then became 6-7 minutes apart. We called the on-call doctor and told her our situation and she said to come on in. We left the house at 7:17 AM and headed to the hospital. It was about 8:00 AM by the time I got up to labor and delivery.

I got checked into my room and my nurse registered me . . . oops, I forgot to preregister!! My nurse checked me and I was 6 cm. My doctor came by soon after that to see how I was doing. I got up to use the restroom around 9:45 and was in some pain. I decided at that point to get the epidural; there was no way I wanted to get up again and feel that pressure! Dr. Anding came back around 10:20 AM and checked me and I was 8 cm and he decided to rupture my water since my contractions were pretty regular at 4 mins apart. He asked the nurse to check me in an hour at 11:20 and to let him know how I was doing.

I was still in quite a bit of pain and feeling every contraction, even after the epidural. Anesthesia came in and gave me some pain medicine straight into my epidural. They did this pretty frequently until I delivered. The same thing happened with Ally as well and that's why I was holding off on getting the epidural since it did not work as expected. Anesthesia said that when you progress so fast, sometimes the medicine doesn't have a chance to kick in. Since I kept feeling a lot of pressure, my nurse decided to check me around 11:00 and I was at 10 cm and fully effaced. She called for the doctor to get the ball rolling.

After 4-5 rounds of pushing, Finn Michael French made his debut at 11:28 am weighing in at 8 lbs 5 oz and 20 3/4 inches long. Such a sweet and beautiful baby boy! He nursed great the first hour and has since then as well. I can't believe that he is here! We are so blessed to have Finn with us and his older brother and sister are so excited as well!





3 comments:

Unknown said...

Look at you blogging from the hospital! We are so happy for you. Paige just asked me yesterday if Mrs. Jessica had her baby yet. She was very excited when I told her he was here. He is a doll! Can't wait to meet him.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!!! So cute and Finn completes a great family! -Ana

The Mery Family said...

So happy Finn is here! Congratulations French family on your sweet little addition! Sending our love!