Thursday, July 19, 2012

Finn's Nursery

We finished Finn's nursery tonight.  Yippee!!  We completed our last project this evening (thanks Hubby) and I am happy with how the room turned out.  Not sure if I've mentioned this before or if you've never been to my home, but Finn's room is attached to our bedroom so he'll be close by for the next year or so.  This attached study was definitely a selling feature we loved when we purchased the house about 4 1/2 years ago.  It has been Ally's first room, an office and now will be Finn's first room too.

I was so excited when I saw this pin on Pinterest a few weeks ago and immediately was on the hunt for hanging planter boxes.  I was trying to find the semi-circle ones like in the pin, but was unable to find them.  I found some longer rectangular ones at Lowe's and they work great for what I am using them for.  Shawn spray painted them brown and we lined the bottom with cardboard (that was spray painted as well) so things would not fall out.


Here is Finn's nursery from wall to wall.  All of the furniture and bedding is from Jase's nursery.  The green chair and foot stool belonged to my Grandma Leonard and I thought it matched the nursery decor really well.  The brown koala bear hanging on the wall was in my room when I was a baby.


And Jase's nursery (below) a little over 5 years ago!  You'll see several repeated items in the two rooms.  At first when I found out I was having another boy I wanted to get new bedding, but after I got out the bedding I fell in love with it again and am happy I stuck with it.  Plus we love animals over here, so it works!

I'm getting so excited for Finn's arrival!  Everyday that passes is one day closer to meeting, holding, kissing, etc. him! :-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The nursery looks great! Glad you were able to finish it before he arrived.