Friday, July 27, 2012

Getting Settled In

Things are going well at home with Baby Finn. I'm not going to lie though, the first night at home was pretty rough. I think I got 1 hour of sleep before 5 am. It's not that he was really fussy, he just did not want to sleep in his bassinet. Last night was much better and he woke up twice during the night/morning for a diaper change and feeding. We gave him his first bath at home and I think that helped him relax for bedtime.



Today Shawn took the kids to run errands for a few hours and it was nice relaxing at the house with Finn and I actually took a nap with him. :-) So far he has been great at home and is really a content baby. He is still feeding well, which is such a blessing. I forgot how exciting changing a poopy diaper can be! Seriously though, wet and poopy diapers are a great sign to him getting enough food. Here is our little man this afternoon.



This evening Shawn and I were sitting on the couch and I looked at him and asked if he would do me a favor and he said sure. "Will you go get me a chocolate malt?" "Absolutely" he said. A little while later he shows up with this.


Yes, it is that big! First thing that came to mind is from Dumb and Dumber "big gulp, aye?" I did not know that had a large size . . . this could be trouble for future weight loss!

As for Jase and Allyson, they are doing great with him. Jase is in awe with Finn and asks to hold him all the time. Ally thinks he is too cute and she always has a kiss for him on his forehead. We are loving our family of 5 and feel beyond blessed.

3 comments:

The Mery Family said...

Finn in his bath towel looks just like Jase and Ally!

Unknown said...

Sounds like everyone is adjusting well. Glad to hear it. He does look just like Jase and Ally. I wish they had never opened that Baskin Robbins by our house. We have been there 3 times already!

Jessica said...

Krista & Heather- agreed!! He definitely favors them. I opened up some newborn pics of Jase this afternoon and showed Shawn and couldn't believe how similar. :)

Baskin Robbins- ugh!! Lol! Alisha brought me back something a couple of weeks ago, so this was technically our first time when Shawn went last night. It's so good, but def is not good for the waistline!