Friday, July 6, 2012

A little illness

These past two days have been pretty low key for us at the French household.  Wednesday night after coming home from church, Allyson felt warm and has had a fever ever since.  I ended up taking her to the doctor today because her temperature was still 103 degrees this morning with basically no other symptoms.  Ears looked fine, no congestion, but the doctor said her throat was red with a couple of puss pockets.  They tested her for strep, but it was negative, which means that she has a viral throat infection.  The doctor said that fever and sore throat will probably last 3-4 days and then congestion and runny nose may follow for 10 days or so.  :(  She also said that she has seen a lot of these viral throat infections lately and that they can hurt just as bad as strep throat, with no antibiotics to treat it.  We are giving her ibuprofen for pain and to keep her fever down.  We are praying that her fever breaks soon.


As for Jase, he went over to Aunt Alisha's while I took her to the doctor.  It was a real treat for him to spend one-on-one time with Alisha and Joseph.  As soon as I told him this morning where he was going he immediately asked if he could bring his Star Wars pods and I said sure.  Alisha sent this picture to me and obviously he was soaking up the time with his Uncle JoJo!!


After we came home, we ate lunch and I laid sister down for a nap.  Jase and I were able to have our time together for school and it went well.  I've really been wanting to get him on the computer more and have him navigate more on his own.  This afternoon was a perfect time to do that.  Last week I found a website with some free math games, so we checked it out and he found a couple that he liked.  It was great helping him and watching his little brain problem solve to pop the balloons.  And before going to bed tonight he remembered that he wanted to show Daddy, so the three of us went into our bedroom and watched Jase play.  Of course he thinks he is a pro now (or "master" as he refers to himself) . . . we need to work on being humble just a little!


Oh and 36 weeks today . . . I can't believe that I have 4 weeks left.  In the beginning it felt like time would not pass fast enough, but once I hit about half way it has been going by super fast.  I'm getting really excited about meeting our little Finn. I even had a dream last night that I was in the hospital with him.  EEK!!  I'm so excited!!

No comments: