Tuesday, November 1, 2011

I am thankful for...

With November in full swing now I want to focus on "being thankful" all month with the kids, and Jase in particular. I made a Thankful Tree and everyday he will add a leaf to the tree and write what he is thankful for.

Along with adding a leaf to the tree each day, we will practice our memory verse for the month: O give thanks unto the Lord; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever. Psalm 136:1. I will also share with them what I am thankful for each day and I am looking forward to the conversations on being thankful with them.

As for Jase's first day, he is thankful for Lego's!! Then he asked me what I was thankful for and I told him I was thankful for Jesus and my salvation. I am eternally thankful for Him dying on the cross so I can live in heaven with Him and my loved ones after I leave this earthly life.

While I was cutting out leaves Jase asked what they were "gingerbread men?" Haha! I am definitely not the best cutter, but I got the job done. And I am proud of myself for using scissors and a glue stick and not my paper cutter and my tape runner!

I am excited about our daily thankful activity and other Thanksgiving related crafts we're going to do this month.

2 comments:

The Mery Family said...

What a wonderful project and way to teach the kids about Thanksgiving! I just may borrow the idea. =) You're awesome Jessica!

Jessica said...

Go for it!! So far, so good at our house! :)