Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Seeds are Growing

When we came home this afternoon after bible study and lunch, we were getting out of the car and I noticed something in the garden.  On Sunday we had worked in the flower beds in the backyard and I thought some of the leaves that we had cleaned out had blown into our new garden.  Lo and behold I walk over there and we have some crops coming up!!  I was so excited; I called the kids over there to take a look with me. I grabbed my phone and took a few pictures and sent them right away to Shawn.  I was worried that the garden would become a huge ant pile!  Haha!!  No fruits and veggies yet, but what a great start! :-)




This evening it was our turn to bring snack for the t-ball game.  I love getting the kids involved in tasks like this and they love it as well.  Jase got the baggies out and they went to town. 


Yesterday I picked up an activity/sticker book on The Easter Story for both of the kids.  It is a great visual for the kids and hands-on, which is always a plus.  We had a great time reading all of the bible stories and doing the corresponding activities with each lesson: Palm Sunday, the Last Supper, Jesus praying in the garden, Judas turning Jesus in, Jesus goes before Pontius Pilate.  We are already half way finished with the workbook and this is our first day to work on them.  If it were up to Jase we would already be finished.  I want to work on it again on Thursday when all 3 of us are home together.  What a special time with my kids.

2 comments:

Casey said...

i am proud of your green thumb. i have been praying for your friend. i read so much of her blog yesterday and my heart is so broken for them :( i cant even imagine. where did you get the workbook? i love it!!!

Jessica said...

Thank you for the prayers for Susie! I got the books at Mardel for $1.99 each...couldn't beat it! :)