Thursday, April 19, 2012

Spring Cleaning

We are about half way through baseball season and everyone at this household is still enjoying it, so that's a good sign. Nearly everyday Jase wants to go outside to practice and if time allows, then we do it! Jase has definitely improved quite a bit this season. He is learning to catch and now realizes that the advice he has been given with hitting can help him and he has started taking it!!


So in the midst of baseball season, planning Jase's birthday party . . . why not have a garage sale too?!? ;-) A little spring cleaning before the baby arrives! The garage sale is scheduled in a couple of weeks. Surprisingly, I have actually made some good strides to get ready for it. I have went through my closet (and cleaned it out), went through the kids playroom, and labeled several items. Hopefully I can continue to do a little each day and I will be prepared.

While cleaning out my closet, I came to my bags and purses . . . this is so a weakness for me. I have always liked bags, any size, it didn't matter. I am actually parting with a few of them and am ok with it! Haha! I subscribe to Vera Bradley's emails and I told Shawn jokingly the other day that I needed to unsubscribe because it is so tempting when I receive those emails. I love bags, patterns and fabric, so Vera's bags/purses are a bad combination for me. ;)

When I switch purses, it is usually last minute and the old one gets tossed in the closet. Well, yesterday when I was cleaning up I went through all of my purses and cleaned them out. There was obviously a common theme in items left behind. 1. Pens and pencils - I have ALWAYS loved school supplies. I remember getting my allowance or some birthday money and I would head straight to the school isle. I would buy Lisa Frank stationary or the latest gel pens. And I am still that way today! 2. Food, mainly little chocolates. It's like I'm going to starve or something! I remember when I was younger, like 4-5 years old, and I came back from my dad's house from spending the weekend with him. I was showing either my mom or my nana the contents of my purse and I pulled out a leftover cheeseburger from McDonald's still in the wrapper. No telling how long it had been there. If I could have only recognized that was the beginning of food and attachment issues! Haha!!

Updated . . .
I was walking into my bedroom and passed Allyson in the living room.  She was moving crayons (school supplies) from one bag to another!! YIKES . . . have I created a monster?

No comments: