Thursday, April 5, 2012

Round 2 on Snow Cones

Yesterday morning I had my 4 week check-up for Little Man. I am now 22 1/2 weeks (I'll be 23 weeks on Friday) and all is well. Next month when I go in I'll have my glucose test and bloodwork. If you've never taken one before, you have to drink about 12 ounces or so of a high sugar content drink (usually orange or fruit punch flavored) and then an hour later you have blood drawn. This is testing for gestational diabetes. With Jase and Allyson my results were negative, so I hope to be the same this time as well. I'll find out next month.

Shawn and I met up for lunch afterwards, which was nice. We had burgers at Cafe Express and of course tasty sweet potato fries! After lunch I ran a few errands and then headed back home to pick the kiddos up from school.

I had decided beforehand that I would take them for snow cones after school (since I actually had cash on me). I usually bring them something to drink everyday when I pick them up and sometimes a snack too, just depends. The first thing Jase does when he gets in the car is look for his drink! When he realized there was no drink he asked to go to Sonic to get a slush . . . He is my kid for sure! I told him that I had planned for us to go get snow cones and he and Ally were excited! I told them under one condition: it had to be CLEAR!! They agreed, although Ally kept saying "pink", but I told her no, not this time. I ordered them a coconut snow cone with cream on top . . . super yummy!! Tasty without the mess!



No comments: