Tuesday, April 17, 2012

GAG!

One day last week I heard Ally talking up in her bed, so I made my way up the stairs while saying "Is my Princess awake?" I was waiting to hear those 3 little words from my sweet girl "I love you," but instead I got these 3 words: "Mom, I poop!"  Here we go!!

Poop on her sheets, pillow cases, clothes!! GAG!! I had to hold back from gagging! She went straight into the bath and afterwards I cleaned up her she bedding.  Her diaper was still on, so she must have stuck her hands in there.  Yuck!  We have been staying on her lately about keeping her hands out of her diaper!

We have been talking about potty training more lately, but she is not completely ready yet.  Half of the time when I put her on the potty she has nothing to do with it and will want to hold me while she is sitting there.  I plan on making a big push over the summer, when we are home everyday.  I signed her up for 3 year old preschool in the fall and she has to be potty trained for that class, so the pressure is on.

We just finished lunch about an hour ago.  I got the kids cleaned up and they went into the living room to watch a little TV while I sat at the kitchen table to work on some things.  Ally walks up to me holding out her hands and said she pooped.  (She has been getting better at telling us she pooped and to change her.)  Well she had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for lunch, so I am HOPING that I did not wipe her hands very well and that brown crusty stuff was peanut butter.  One sniff and I knew...POOP!  This girl!!

As I'm cleaning her up, I tell her again, "do not put your hands in your diaper" and she responds with "it's nasty and yuck?"  She knows what is going on!  I hope this is last of poop issues, either for a while or for good with her.

No comments: