Sunday, April 1, 2012

Broken

I typed a blog entry last night and apparently it did not save. :/ Let me see if I can retype it.

Friday and Saturday were pretty busy. On Friday we drove to Kyle (near San Marcos) for a wedding. It was outdoors and was beautiful. So natural and simple, I loved it. The kids had a great time there too. They were able to play outside and feed horses (pics to follow in the next day or two from the horse feeding). Here are a couple of pics of my cuties from my phone.


We ended up driving back Friday night because we had baseball pictures early Saturday morning. The kids were great in the car. Yesterday we also had two birthday parties to attend and the kids had a blast, they were completely worn out and are still asleep this morning. Shawn and I also had fun visiting with friends while the kiddos played.

Meet Captain Allyson!


While all this excitement was going on, Shawn and I were broken on the inside. Remember I posted last week about one of my best friends from high school and to pray for her daughter? Well, I spoke to her mom on Friday while we were driving down to the wedding and Addi had a bad episode earlier on Friday and was not doing well at all. She ended up passing in her mother's arms. I could not believe it and my heart ached for Susie and I wanted some how to take some pain away for her.

Shawn and I both lost it while on the road and we prayed together as a family for this sweet baby and their family. I explained to Jase what was happening because we have been praying daily for Addi since she was readmitted in the hospital last week. I told Ally that we need to pray because Addi was really sick. She saw me crying and wasn't sure what was going on, so she started to cry as well. Later that evening she told me a couple of times "I'm not sick." I smiled at her and said "I know baby."

As I looked in our backseat I felt so blessed on one hand and so unworthy/guilty on the other. I don't know why certain things happen to certain people. I do believe that God hand-picked Susie and Darrell to be their parents from the beginning and He knew just how precious their children would be. Susie wrote on her blog that God knew how amazing her kids were that He must have wanted them up there with Him. I don't doubt that for a second. Addi is now with her big brother Cade in Heaven and I'm sure they are looking down upon their family and friends and saying don't be sad, we are in a glorious place and pain free. And since Darrell and Susie are believers in Christ, they will be reunited with their sweet babies once again and will be with them for eternity, but I know as a parent I would long to hold them each and every day. May God continue to be with this wonderful and faithful couple in the days, weeks, months and years to come. My prayers are with you, Susie.

5 comments:

Casey said...

jess- they lost both of those precious children?

Jessica said...

Casey- Yes they did. Their son, Cade, last April and Addi last week. Cade collapsed while at soccer practice due to an unknown heart condition and they were unable to revive him. :(

Carolyn (Dahse) Wallace said...

Jessica - I came across your blog today (linked from Susie's blog) and this post hit a cord with me because I feel the same way every time I look at my little girl (she's 27 months) and I think about Susie. Your words are beautifully written! The funeral for Addi was beautiful and I can't imagine what they're going through. Your family is beautiful!

Carolyn (Dahse) Wallace

Jessica said...

Hi Carolyn! I saw you leaving the funeral, but I didn't think it was an appropriate time to yell and flag you down! ;-)

I know it, my heart is still breaking for them. They are very strong people and appear to have a wonderful support system . . . Praise God for that!

Carolyn (Dahse) Wallace said...

Jessica - I find myself re-reading the blog posts and looking at the pictures over and over, and I'm just blown away by their unwavering faith and spiritual foundation. They are such wonderful people.

I had to head back to work right after the service, so I couldn't linger afterwards. I would have loved to give Susie a big hug and visit with everyone, although I looked like a hot mess and probably would've just cried the whole time.

If there is anything I can to help them out, please let me know. I feel so compelled to do something, but I just don't know what.
Have a great week!