Friday, April 27, 2012

What was I thinking?

So I already knew that I would be sending Jase to school today with cookies to share with his class since tomorrow is his 5th birthday (sniff, sniff). Then I decided that I would make cookies for his baseball team for last night's game as well.

I loaded the kids up in the car yesterday and we headed to Hobby Lobby. Jase picked out multi-colored star sprinkles for the cookies . . . not sure if he had Star Wars on the brain, but I connected the two right away! Haha!!

After we got home and ate lunch, I started baking the cookies, all 4 dozen of them. I did cut a corner and bought the Pillsbury precut sugar cookies. Then I made a glaze for the cookies, so the stars would stick. Milk and powdered sugar . . . so easy and tasty as well. Start off with 1 1/4 cup of powdered sugar and then add 3 tablespoons of milk and mix with a spoon/fork. I ended up having to add another T of milk.

I start looking at the clock and realize that it is well past 4:00 pm and we have a game at 7:15 and we like to leave around 6:10 to get up there in plenty of time. Jase is not ready for the game yet, Ally is still napping, I'm not ready, cookies haven't even been iced or "starred" yet, and cookies are still baking. At this point I started asking myself "what was I thinking?"

I iced the first dozen and thought they were cute, but also thought a dozen of those super soft and oh so yummy cookies from Walmart would have been just fine. The kids would probably not even have known the difference.




As if time was not a factor, I got out my crinkle paper, clear goodie bags and curling ribbon and prepped 11 bags for his team. Again, the thought "what are you thinking?" crossed my mind. The finished product came together nicely and I hope the boys enjoyed them! They ended up getting a triple snack because it was another boy's birthday, so they brought cupcakes plus the normal snack. But they deserved it after last night's game because they played great!!! Jase hit a home run and caught his first ball at first base for an out . . . it was awesome!!! I know it's not all about winning, but you could just tell the boys were so happy. And honestly, after 2 losses this week, if felt good to win!!

Back to the cookies.

After I finished packaging all the cookies and while I was cleaning up, I thought again about biting off more than I could chew, but then realized that I would do it all over again, because I was doing it for my baby boy. I'm really getting emotional as I'm typing this and just thinking about him. That is your sappy warning! Ha!




As I was taking a picture of the cookies he came by and wanted his picture taken too . . . FOR SURE!! I love this little boy to bits! He is so full of life and can always put a smile on my face. He always has a song or a dance up his sleeve. He has a heart for Jesus and can remember details like you would not believe. He loves his little sister (he will not stop picking her up lately) and I can't wait until his little brother arrives, I know he will teach him everything. Anything Lego or Star Wars and he is all over it, hence the Lego Star Wars theme for this birthday party! I cannot believe that he will be 5 tomorrow, where did the time go? I just love my little Boo, Boo-Boo, Jase, Jasey, Ja-Ja, Bubby. Thank you, God for giving us this precious gift 5 years ago.

Now if I can just pull it together! I'm blaming it on the pregnancy! ;-)

No comments: