Sunday, April 1, 2012

New Nickname

This afternoon after Church we came home to work on the backyard after a quick lunch.  We have been working outside quite a bit and the kids have been right along with us.  We would much rather them to be outside than in the house watching TV.  Plus with summer right around the corner they need to get acclimated to the warm weather now before it is 90-100 degrees every single day.

Jase wanted to see if his buddy across the street could come over and play, so we walked over there and ended up visiting with them for a few minutes.  The grandpa was asking about the baby and my due date and just casual conversation; he is a very sweet man.  Then Shawn said that we needed to get started on the yard work or we'll never finish.  The grandpa then tells Shawn "you take care of Big Momma!"  I couldn't say anything then and there, but as we were walking across the street I looked at Shawn and said "Big Momma?" We both just started laughing, I think more Shawn than me.  I was already wearing some shorter shorts (around mid thigh) that I was not all too comfortable in because I knew we would be working in the backyard, secluded from everyone.  I joked and told Shawn that I was going to go put on jeans.

I'm sure we will be joking around about Big Momma for a while!

No comments: