Sunday, April 29, 2012

My baby boy turns 5

Today (4/28) was Jase's 5th birthday.  I still remember being pregnant with him and he is the reason I started blogging in the first place: to record memories.  I started my first blog in March 2007 while I was pregnant with Jase.  My oh my how time flies.  I wouldn't trade one moment with my kids for anything; they are a blessing from the Lord for sure.  Here are some pictures of our little man.
Jase as a newborn - April 28, 2007
1 year old pictures of Jase - 2008
Last night Shawn and I stayed up pretty late trying to get a head start on prepping for the party today.  Shawn put together a life size cut-out of Darth Vader . . . Jase had no idea I had bought it.  Yoda was my first choice, but he was sold out on-line, so I went with the villain!  Kind of as a joke, Shawn put Vader at the bottom of the stairs so Jase would see him first thing when he came out of his room.  Well, this morning I hear Jase get out of his bed (I'm a light sleeper) and hear Jase say in a scared voice "why is Darth Vader at the bottom of the stairs?" I immediately responded with "he is paper baby, it's ok."  In hindsight, probably not the best way to wake up on your birthday! Haha!!


After we all woke up and got around, we gave Jase our present.  On a trip to Walmart with Shawn, Jase had spotted a specific Lego set that he wanted (Luke's Landspeeder), so we made sure he got that one! His bible (a small one with only the New Testament in it) has been missing lately, so last week I was talking to him about getting a new one and asked if he wanted a big one like Mommy and Daddy's or another small one and he said big one.  Big Bible it is! And of course we find his bible in a chair in our bedroom while cleaning up.  Maybe we should do that more often, than just before a party!! ;-/  While purchasing his bible, I also found this cool National Geographic animal book on sale and knew he would like it.  His gift from Allyson was a Yoda stuffed animal and he loved it! Actually I think she loves it just as much.  After he opened it, she took Yoda over and served him tea, gave him a bottle and she laid him down for a nap and told me "shhh, Yoda is sleeping!" Not sure if we'll have to buy her one or not!!


Later this afternoon, we had all of Jase's friends over for his Lego Star Wars party and I think it went great.  All of the kids seemed to have fun and that was the goal! Here is a preview of the pictures.  I'll have to do a full party post in a few days.


After baths Shawn and Jase sat on the couch and put together one of the Lego SW sets he received today.  I love seeing them work together and had to take a picture.  And just as they were about to walk up the stairs, a lightsaber duel broke out.  I love these moments! Happy birthday, Boo-Boo! Mommy and Daddy love you dearly.

No comments: