Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Baby Finn Update - 34 weeks

On Monday I was sitting down, making a schedule for July and could not believe that this was the last week of June.  The older I get the faster time flies by.  You would think the value of a minute/hour has gotten smaller, but I guess that just isn't possible! Haha!

So on Monday I didn't get out of my pj's until probably 2:30.  Jase kept asking me when me and Ally were going to get dressed! Ha! Jase will either get dressed on his own or if I ask him, then he will go upstairs and pick out his own clothes and get dressed.  And they usually match too . . . I've trained him well! ;-)  It was a very relaxed day and much needed.  I think we only left the house to check the mail!

Me and Sis lounging together - she can be the sweetest!
Yesterday afternoon we spent some of the afternoon picking up the middle bedroom upstairs.  We have quite a bit going on right now with that room, Jase's room and Finn's nursery downstairs.  Tons of things to do, but not tons of time.  We are making some headway and the majority of it is going through stuff and finding a new home for it in the house . . . fun!! Yesterday I was putting all of my punches up and I showed the kids and they LOVED them!! They spent the next 30-40 minutes punching out paper and making a mess, and I didn't mind because they were having fun.


And last night after dinner we went up there again to continue cleaning up and they probably spent an hour with markers, paper, pre-punched letters and gluesticks.  Did I mention these are my kids?!? I have always been a sucker for school supplies . . . still am!! 

Today I had a doctor appointment and all went well.  I am 34 1/2 weeks (35 on Friday) and feeling pretty good.  About the only thing I am tired of, and I'm not usually a complainer, is the comments from people.  Hello . . . didn't your mother teach you, "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!" Most of the comments I get are around being due in August.  Here are some of my current favorites: "oh I bet you're hating this weather", standing in line at Dollar General a stranger asks "are you miserable or what?", "when are you dropping your load?"  Just lovely!  I usually respond with "no, I am feeling fine and the summer is not too bad.  We usually stay inside or we are at the pool." I am so thankful to be pregnant and to have a healthy pregnancy, that why would I focus on the negatives?  That's just not me!  I'm sure I will become uncomfortable in a week or two, but for now, so far so good.

Anyhow, I'll get off my soapbox.  ;-)  Doctor said the baby is head down and positioned just right, which is great.  Heart rate is starting to slow down (as it should) and is 140 BPM.  Blood pressure was fine at 110/60; my bottom number has been low the past 4-5 months.  I haven't posted much about weight gain lately because I am right at my max of where I wanted to be.  These past two weeks I ended up losing a pound, but not on purpose I promise.  I'm actually surprised of the drop in weight with the amount of Blue Bell's Dutch Chocolate I've had lately.  Ohhh, it's so good!!

Yesterday I came across a breastfeeding pamplet when cleaning out the bedroom upstairs and started reading it for a refresher.  Seems like that was ages ago, but I guess it was a little less than 2 years ago and I was nursing Ally.  She is very much attached at the hip and Shawn joked yesterday and said that I'll have one on each side: Finn and Ally.  Don't worry, no tandem nursing will be going on here.  She was weaned off at a year old and that was plenty long for me and her as well.

Last night I came across a pregnancy journal I kept when I was pregnant with Jase.  Awe, it melted my heart.  I wrote down something nearly weekly about how I was feeling, craving, and my progression towards the end.  When I went in for my 36 week appointment, I was already 2 cm dilated and had began effacing as well.  Then the next week I was 3 cm dilated and 75% effaced.  I ended up going into the hospital at 39 weeks (per the doctor's request), they broke my water and I went into labor on my own and had him about 6 hours later.  Then with Allyson I assumed it would be the same, but I think I was only 1 cm dilated at 36 weeks and stayed that way the next week as well, and ended up delivering her at 41 weeks.  I went into labor at home, the day I was supposed to go to the hospital to deliver her.  So that was definitely the day she was supposed to be born on.  I was in labor for about 6 hours with her as well and actually had to hold off on delivering while waiting on the doctor to get to the hospital.  Every pregnancy is different for sure.  I'm curious to see how this one compares to the other two.  I am getting super excited!! :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

When will you drop your load?! Not sure I have heard that one before. LOL I loved being pregnant too! Glad to hear it is going well.