Thursday, June 7, 2012

Potty Training Blues

I'm not sure what happened to that "gung-ho" attitude I had last night about potty training, but it has already left this morning.

We woke up, like 45 mins ago, and I sat her on the potty and nothing. Her pull-up from last night was pretty full, so I thought she must have already went this morning. I explained that she needs to listen to her body and go tee-tee and poo-poo in her potty today. I let her pick out which princess panties she wanted to wear and she went with Rapunzel. Jase tells me, just put her in a princess pull-up. I explain to him that this is what we did with him and it just takes time.

I go in the laundry room to start a load of laundry and when I walk out I ask her if he needs to potty as she is standing there with her legs squeezed together and tells me yes. I said ok, let's run to the potty. We get in there and take off her panties and they were soaked. :( Here we go I thought. I take the Rapunzel panties off of her and she throws a fit. She wants to wear them. I tell her she will have to pick another pair out and of course there is not another Rapunzel pair in the 7 pack! She is trying to grab the wet panties, so I scoop them up and tell her that I will wash them and go add them to the load I had just started. I clean up the two puddles in the living room and Jase asks what I am doing so I tell him that Ally pottied in her panties. His response "you should have just put a pull-up on her!" Thanks Jase! We go back to the bathroom and I find another big puddle! Allyson Kate!! I mean the potty splashed up against her training potty . . . if you're that close, sit on the potty!! I wipe her down again and she settles on another pair of panties. Her wipes are in a drawer in my nightstand, along with pull-ups and diapers. I am bad, I ask her if he wants to wear a princess pull-up and she says no, a Minnie one. Ok, a Minnie one it is!

I'm not sure if I am up for this!! Hopefully it's because I am almost 32 weeks pregnant and I do not have my get up and go right now. And in the back of my mind I am thinking that I will have another to potty train after her!

She is now watching Elmo Potty Time! We'll see how this goes!

Dear Lord, please give me patience.

PM update:
I did not actively continue with the potty training today.  She was content in her Minnie Mouse pull-ups and so was I.  After she woke up from her long nap, I sat her on the potty with a book and left her there.  She ended up taking a poop!! Two days in a row!! And both times she was reading a book; I think I will install a magazine rack next to her training potty!! When we were getting ready for bed I had her sit on the potty before putting on a fresh Minnie Mouse pull-up, gave her a book and she pottied . . . I see a trend here!! My mom said that when I was little I would sit on the potty and ready forever on there, maybe it runs in the family! Although now, I'm all business in the restroom . . . in and out!! Of course these days I have little ones who are in and out of the restroom while I'm in there.  ;-)  I do not have any preconceived goals for tomorrow, I am playing it by ear and basing it off of my energy level!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You have had a busy week. I can't lie I hated potty training! You can do it girl! Hope it goes better tomorrow.

Jessica said...

Thanks. Yes, I was drained today. I watered the garden and it felt like I had ran a marathon! Hopefully tomorrow is better.

Unknown said...

Just read the update. That is too funny! I tried everything with Caden but never books. Maybe I need to pass this info on to Amy. Whatever works, right?

Anonymous said...

Paulina loves to wear princess dresses but when I was potty training her I was hesitant to let her wear them. However, they worked in my advantage because she wetted them twice and she figured out pretty quickly they had to go to the laundry so once she made the connection, she would ask me to take the dress off and instead we would run to the potty! Good luck! -Ana